With President Barack Obama maneuvering to select a replacement for Justice Scalia the challenges to Christian values and civil rights are in the forefront of the debate. Liberals are pressing for an appointment by Obama in order to complete the dismemberment of Christianity.
Christianity itself in American society has been under continuous assault by Obama ever since he took the oath of office in 2009. His countless executive decisions to bypass congress or marginalize traditional practices of previous administration to acknowledge Christianity has been relentless. The American Christian Civil Rights Movement (ACCRM)) firmly believes that now is the time to no longer witness nor permit the undoing of American Christian Civil Rights.
As a Christian in the America of 2016 do you feel that it does not matter if the next Supreme Court justice to take the place of recently deceased Justice Antonin Scalia matters? Your answer and how you cast your vote in the primary or upcoming caucus in your state may determine the course of Christianity in America over the next two decades or more.
The Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is determined to wait until after the November presidential elections to bring any Supreme Court nominee up for a vote. He and conservatives are very aware of the four to four balance between conservative and liberal leaning justices on the current court. McConnell wants the new president to make the choice, which prayerfully will be a Republican.
An Obama nomination would tip the balance of the court and give liberals a five to four majority. With Affirmative Action, presidential executive power overreach, Planned Parenthood defunding, overturning same sex marriage and Second Amendment challenges on the horizon a liberal justice appointment and approval by the senate would be a disaster of unmitigated magnitude.
In 2011, Obama made an apparent calculated move to ignore the will of congress to refuse to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). He not only ordered the U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to not defend the act, but he made it publically clear that an overwhelming majority of congress that voted for the bill, was a meaningless exercise to him.
This one act of outright presidential defiance to uphold his Constitutional responsibilities should have sent chills down the spines of many Christians. He was announcing to the entire nation that he was going after traditional marriage between a man and a woman and he meant to destroy it at its roots: The Bible.
Of course there are mountains of proof which demonstrate Obama’s calculated move to marginalize and minimalize Christianity in America. Here are some of the troubling examples that the that demonstrate organization Wallbuilders provides that the followers of Jesus Christ are under attack by his edicts and his administration.
Simply examine his action:
- Obama in 2009 orders that a monogram symbolizing Jesus’ name be covered at Georgetown University speech
- Obama Administration announces that the rights of religious consciencefor individuals will not be protected under the Affordable Care Act
- Obama’s White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays but recognizesmajor Muslim holidays Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
- Maxell Air Force Base bans Bibles being handed out to willing recruits,
- Obama refuses to fill for two years post of religious freedom ambassador, who works against religious persecution across the world
- Obama refuses to attack Islamic Extremists for murdering Kurdish Christians, Coptic Egyptian’s beheadings, raping, burning and beheading of Iraqi Christians
- Obama refuses to defend Houston Christian pastor’s right to sermons
- Obama refuses to protect right of Indiana pizzeria owners to Christian beliefs
Christianity in America as it was embraced by the nation’s founders and practiced by millions needs each Christian person, family and community to have the courage to put your faith into action to defend and protect your Christian heritage.
Justice Scalia was clear about what is necessary when he spoke of suffering the contempt of leaders and detractors of Christianity. He stressed in a 2005 Knights of Columbus Baton, Louisiana speech, “If I have brought any message today, it is this: Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world.”
To stay silent is betrayal.